[wpfilebase tag=file path=’01/ram4g.reg’]
We need to enable PAE in Windows 7 in order to address more than 4GB on Windows 7 32-bit. Here’s how.
Tip: If you don’t want to enable it manually, you can simply download this registry file that will enable PAE for you. Simply double-click on it after downloading and reboot. Done.
1. Open an elevated command prompt and open the cmd with admin rights.
BCDEdit /set PAE forceenable
4. Test your computer. Do whatever you use your PC for, launch your favorite applications? If everything is ok we can proceed. Should something NOT work, disable PAE again. (Open cmd.exe again and enter BCDEdit /set PAE forcedisable)
That’s it. PAE is enabled and working fine hopefully. You can now use a tool like Gavotte RAMdisk to use more than 4GB RAM in Windows 7.
To disable PAE simply write:
BCDEdit /set PAE forcedisable
as mentioned above. Elevated command prompt is required again!
- Disable Protected View in Microsoft Word 2013 and Word 2010
- Slow logon’s to Citrix Web Interface or Storefront
- Setup SQL Server alerts and email operator notifications
- Adding a TCP/IP Route to the Windows Routing Table
- Citrix – An error occurred when processing incoming…
- Configure SQL Server Database Mail to send email